VFX animation course is much in demand owing to the rising popularity of OTT platforms. Along with increased broadcasting viewership by kids. Besides this, the fresh film concepts are exploring the zones. That are either fantasy or more hazardous and hence impossible to shoot. So movies like Dr. Strange or Tintin or Jungle book etc. are made possible using VFX animation. Furthermore, online classes like just, etc. Rising penetration of smartphones along with easy availability of internet at low costs have fueled this requirement additionally.
Why VFX animation is a good course from a career perspective?
: The demand for VFX has increased manifold as per the following details:
- FICCI EY March 2022 report states that by the year 2024. The animation and VFX industry is anticipated to leap to Rs. 180 billion.
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) report states. That India’s global market share in animation and visual effects industry is predicted to jump to 20-25% from current 10%
- Rising at a CAGR of 11.47%, the revenue from the Online Games segment is anticipated. To rise to a market volume of US$ 1,466 m by 2026.
- The mobile gaming market of India is slated to hit US$7 billion by 2025.
- From INR 79 billion in the financial year 2020, India’s VFX and post-production industry are predicted to jump to INR 147 billion by fiscal year 2024.
Thus, there are opportunities galore for trained VFX animation manpower.
On completion of their course, students gain opportunities to work in various profiles, a few of which are listed as under:
- Animator: Utilizing varied software such as 3D model-making, 2D,stop-frame, or computer-generated animation. An Animator transforms hand-drawn or digitally produced images into frames and then sequences. These frames simulate a movement, thus bringing alive the creative concepts. Then games, TV shows, movies & digital mediums, etc. utilize this content.
- Game Designer/Developer: He is a professional who ideates, and visualizes a game concept. Designs the game, and develops the story, characters, levels, puzzles, and mechanics, etc. basis research with the target audience. Additionally, he makes sure that the game lends itself to updating besides being available on diverse platforms. He also works with teams from multiple departments including sound design, programming, testing, marketing, etc. so as to ensure its success in the market.
- Web Designers: In accordance with the client’s brief, the company brand language. End-users preferences, web designer plans, ideates, visualizes and designs a website including the right language for writing codes, its technical and graphical aspects. He is responsible for its regular updates as well as maintenance in addition to ensuring that it runs on diverse platforms.
- Rigging or Texture Artist: In order to build digitized characters as lifelike as possible. Rigging or Texture Artist creates a digital skeleton for 3D computer-generated characters along with providing it a personality, movement as well as a face.
- VFX Producers: His job involves managing from conceptualization to its final output, the entire VFX process and that too within the set budget.
Don’t waste your time and kick off a lucrative career with VFX learning.