Using varied forms of advertisements has become an effective way in which brands gather organic traffic to their website. Pay-per-click ads, or PPC ads, are possibly the most shared ads brands use to attract new users to their sites. From escape room nyc ventures to clothing and merchandise companies, running successful ad campaigns is vital to generating new leads. So, in this guide, let us go through a detailed step-by-step process of setting up a Google Ads account for your brand.
Are You Ready To Run Successful Ad Campaigns?
Before you move on to create your Google Ads account or even think of running ad campaigns, there are a few things that you need to consider. Here are some essential factors that you need to ensure before taking a step ahead:
- Take a look at your website and feel whether it is curated in a way to lead your viewers seamlessly and generate reasonable conversion rates
- What are your PPC strategies?
- What does your company aim to achieve?
- Do you have a budget determined for your ad campaigns? Are you ready to run an initial test campaign?
After you have considered each of the above factors and have a positive answer, you can move on with setting up your Google Ads account.
How can I create a Google Ads account?
Setting up a Google Ads account for your brand involves a very easy-to-follow procedure. You can do it all alone easily. Just follow the steps mentioned below, and you are good to go!
- Once you have landed on the Google Ads page, you need to click the ‘Start Now button on your screen’s upper right-hand corner.
- You now have to select the email address you want to create your Ads account.
- Preferably use a Google account (Gmail) address while signing up. However, you can also use any other email address if you want.
- People who want anyone else to access their ads account need to invite them.
- You need a Google account for your brand to set up an Ads account. If you already have one, enter your Gmail address and password and click on ‘Sign In.’
- However, if you do not have a Google account, you must create one. You have to click the ‘Create Account button at the bottom of your page. Then follow the simple steps to create a Google account for your business.
- Google allows its users to create and set up their Google Ads account in either of two distinct modes:
- Smart Mode
- Expert Mode
- By default, Google enables you to create your account in the Smart Mode. If you want, you can always switch over to Expert Mode. However, if you create your account in the Expert Mode, you can switch back.
- The Smart Mode leads you to create your first ad campaign right away.
- Here are a few things that you need to setup step-by-step to get started with your first ad campaign:
- Goals of your campaign
- Name and website of your venture
- Keyword themes
- Location Settings
- In the final step, you need to set your billing information.
- Click on ‘Billing country’ and select your country/territory.
- Check if the time zone is correct and rectify it if it isn’t.
- You can enter a promotional code here and click on ‘Apply.’
- Then select either an existing payment profile or set up a new one.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit,’ and Google will create your account.
Once you land on the ‘New campaign’ page, click on the ‘Switch to Expert Mode’ button present at the bottom of the screen.
The Expert Mode allows users to choose their advertising campaigns in more detail.
You can choose whether you want to create your account with or without a campaign.
For brands choosing without a campaign:
- However, if you just wish to register your brand’s account without any advertising campaign at the moment, click on ‘Create an account without a campaign.’
- You will find this option in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Then you need to confirm all the information related to your brand. You need to ensure that every little detail that feeds in this process is correct, mainly because Google does not allow you to change it later on.
- After that, click the ‘Submit’ button, and Google will create your account!
For brands choosing a campaign:
- But brands that wish to get started with ad campaigns right away can select the kind of campaign in this step. Google Ads offers users various types of ad campaigns to choose from
- After selecting the type of campaign, you wish to run, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You also need to step up your campaign settings, ad group, billing, and various other factors step-by-step.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit,’ and Google will create your account!
With that done, your Google Ads account is now up and running. Check out the various details of your account and utilize it effectively for your purpose!